Join the Cape Breton Chorale!
Our 45th season of singing will begin Thursday September 14, 2017 and continue until late April of 2018 under the direction of our newly appointed director, Ryan Billington.
We welcome auditions from singers who find that they fit most of the following criteria:
- Singers with either little, some, or advanced training are welcome to audition.
- Experience singing in choral settings or ensemble settings in productions.
- Understanding of some basics of vocal technique or demonstrated vocal confidence in your audition performance.
- Openness to learning different styles of music in an ensemble setting.
Assets to the Chorale include:
- Commitment to rehearsals and performances.
- Willingness to study and learn concert music outside of rehearsal – independently or with rehearsal aids.
- Openness to learning new skills and expanding upon existing skills (vocal, aural, rhythm, reading, movement).
For the audition:
- Please prepare one or two selections showcasing your best performance.
- Be ready to experiment with your voice for a few minutes – this may involve some simple patterns across your range.
- We will work with you in reading a passage of music, and we will also test your aural skills.
- An accompanist can be provided. You may bring your own accompanist if you wish.
Auditions will be held throughout the summer months. Please contact us to arrange an audition!